Grilled Fish Tacos
I recently prepared a beer battered fish taco recipe but I wanted to offer an even healthier option with a grilled Baja style fish cod taco recipe. This taco recipe is naturally high protein and low in fat with Cod having 5 grams of protein and 0.2 grams of fat per ounce. I really enjoyed this recipe, it’s probably the best of what I have made so far. This recipe is very simple to make, all in all you can easily make this in less than 30 minutes.
Marinade for the fish – recipe should make around 9 tacos
- 4 Cod filets – (4 oz each pieces) – I brought frozen & defrosted them in the fridge over night.
- 2 tablespoons olive Oil
- 1 small lime juiced or 2 tablespoons of lime juice.
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tablespoon of chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- Black Pepper to taste
- You can either use pre-made corn or flour tortillas. I used corn.
- You can also make your own corn tortillas with my guide.
- Fresh Avocado (don’t forget that)
- Thinly sliced cabbage (save you self the hassle and buy a coleslaw kit)
- Sour cream (or Mexican Crema)
- Cilantro (chopped, stems actually hold most of the flavor)
- Thinly shredded mozzarella cheese
- Mango – Habanero Hot sauce (Try Melinda’s Hot Sauce!)
- To start off grab a mixing bowl or a shallow pan, throw in all of the marinade ingredients and quickly mix them together.
- Take your Cod filets, sharpen your knife and cut the filets horizontally to make thinner pieces. the thinner pieces will help in cooking them quicker as well as serving and sharing them much easier.
- Add the fish into the marinade and coat them, tilt the bowl or pan and baste the fish with a spoon. After each piece has been throughly coated, cover the bowl or pan with cling wrap and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- While the fish marinates, make your own tortillas and prepare your toppings.
- Place a non-stick pan over the stove under medium-high heat and add a small amount of oil.
- Once the pan has been slightly pre-heated, start to add the fish. Depending on how thin your filets have been cut, (aim for .5 inch in thickness) average cook time should take around 2-3 minutes on each side. The deciding factor on cooking the fish will be how easy the filet flakes apart.
- Once the fish has been cooked, assembly you taco and its toppings, enjoy!
4 thoughts on “Grilled Fish Tacos Recipe”
Looks absolutely delicious
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks so much.